- So much happening! Grab a programme & map!
Be sure to check out Brough House, Grossman House, St Mary’s Church, St Mary’s Church Hall, Grounds of St Mary’s, CWA & Guide Hall. Classic Cars in the Chromis car park! Head to the Info Gazebo at the gates of St Mary’s for a programme & map
- Maitland Rail Museum will be open as part of Maitland Heritage Fest
You will be glad you took the time to pay thus fascinating rail museum a visit! Just down the road at ‘The Old Bathhouse’ cnr Mount Dee Rd and Junction St, Telarah
- Rose Shamrock & Thistle appear in the gardens of Brough House
Celtic band, Rose Shamrock & Thistle will be performing their tunes in the gardens of historic Brough House.There’s lots to see here as well as refreshments and the band adds a lovely ambience while doing so.. Why not give them a listen following a tour of next doors historic Grossman House.
- Gathering Hunter Songs ~ Sweet Songs & Soft Guitar
Kathy and Matthew Clarke perform songs of Love, Hope, and Caring for the environment
- Welcome Mai-Wel
Some of our young performers who want to be part of Maitland’s history celebrations will be taking the stage (gazebo actually) in the grounds of Brough House Saturday morning. Sola acts and the band, Blue Diamond..
- Mina Waltz Recital Program
- Sun Street Studios’ Pianos
- Grossmann House – Visit a grand Victorian house and its collections ~ Tours hourly 18th & 19th June
Celebrate Maitland Heritage Fest with a visit to historic Grossmann House, open for special tours, Grossmann House will be open for tours led by suitably dressed guides at the special rate of $5 per head for the Maitland Heritage Fest weekend only, and refreshments will be on offer to be enjoyed in the relaxing gardens. …
- Come and hear the historic Willis Organ – Recital at St Mary’s Church ~ Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th June
As part of Maitland Heritage Fest 2022 – St Mary’s Church will be hosting a recital on the historic Willis Organ. St Mary’s Director of Music, Barbara Slade will entertain with a selection of organ works by Clarke, Handel, Stanley & Tambling. Saturday 18th June or Sunday 19th June at 11.00am Come & enjoy. Free …
- Guided Tour of Saint Mary’s Church Rectory 18th & 19th June
The first St Mary’s Rectory was built in 1838. It was damaged by fire and repaired. In 1879, because of problems with rising damp and water, it was decided to build a new Rectory. The kitchen, study and cellar were kept from the first Rectory and now form the ground floor of the west wing …
- Look Up! – Tiger Moths to flyover Maitland Heritage Fest
Expect a visit from the Royal Newcastle Aeroclub Tiger Moths.Saturday 18th 10 – 11 amSunday will be some time in the morning between 10am and 12 midday.(weather permitting of course)
- Maitland City Brass Band ~ get that big brass band vibe
Maitland City Brass Band will be playing over the Heritage Fest Weekend.SAT 18th BRASS Band 10.00 & 11.45. catch a glimpse of the band in action
- Hear the Maitland City Pipes and Drums in St Mary’s grounds
Nothing quite like the sound of a pipe band and the St Mary’s grounds is a wonderful place to hear the Maitland City Pipes and Drums. Having just celebrated 75 years, the City of Maitland Pipes and Drums is part of a long history stretching back to the ancient origins of Scotland, Ireland and all …
- Maitland City Choir concert at St Mary’s Church Sunday 19th 1pm
Catch the Maitland City Choir at St Mary’s Church 1 pm Sunday at St Mary’s Church, Sunday 19th June.Pictured here in full dress rehearsal. With a broad age range of members, this open, supportive and friendly choir always has an interesting repertoire.Formed in 1987 from an amalgamation of Maitland Grossman High and Maitland Boys High …
- Thank you to Maitland Orthodontics for your support of Mailtand Heritage Fest 2022
Maitland Heritage Fest is grateful to be able to use the grounds of Maitland Orthodontics at 52 Church Street Maitland as home of some to the groups over the Heritage Fest Community Event 18th ~ 19th June. Maitland Orthodontics has been serving patients in Maitland and surrounding areas for over 30 yearsA family friendly business, …
- The Sign Shop providing it’s expertise and support to Maitland Heritage Fest 2022
A huge thank you to Chris & Stephanie, The Sign Shop – Sponsors of Maitland Heritage Fest 2022.A dedicated team of Signwriters committed to high quality and professional results. Servicing Maitland, Newcastle and Hunter Valley area for over 30 years, The Sign Shop is known for its ongoing support of the Maitland community and is …
- Maitland Regional Museum
Maitland Regional Museum Auspicing Maitland Heritage Fest, the Museum will be open over the festival weekend but well worth a visit any time. Maitland Regional Museum. Maitland Regional Museum is a portal to the story of Maitland and its history. The Museum presents exhibitions and events that challenge, inform and educate. aims to cover all …
- Maitland Heritage Fest 2022 Dinner at Monte Pio 10th June ~ Buy Tickets
- Thank you to Chromis Occupational Medicine ~ for the use of their grounds
Chromis occupies the beautiful ex synagogue in Church street and will be the site of several displays for Maitland Heritage Fest
- Find your way with Maitland’s own town crier ~ Stephen Clarke
Appreciate the performance of this historic trade, Stephen Clarke is a member of the ancient and honourable guild of Australian town criers.
- Thank you once again to Maitland City Council for your support under the Vibrant City Sponsorship Program
The Vibrant City Sponsorship program goes along way toward supporting local Maitland events and building community.
- A big thanks to The Mutual Bank for coming on board as a sponsor once again, a true local bank!
Founded in 1888 by a group of passionate Maitland locals, The Mutual Bank was established with the mission to ensure that financial investment stayed within the local area. Originally known as The Maitland Permanent Building, Investment and Loan Society Limited and Savings Bank (‘the society’), the name was extensive, but the intention of investing local …
- Be sure to keep an eye out for the roving Minmi Magster ~ The Hunter Region’s most vocal bush orator
The award-winning folklorist and author Bob Skelton AKA “The Minmi Magster” has captured in his unique style the characters and happenings of this great land he so dearly loves. He was born in Waratah, Newcastle, in 1939 and his formative years were spent with his twin brother Dave in their father’s blacksmith and engineering shop. It was …
- The Louth Park Mob return for Maitland Heritage Fest 2022 ~ great for a yarn on local history & stories
The two knockabouts & ‘Accidental authors’ Mick Fairleigh & Paul Doherty writing about the history of their locality near the city of Maitland in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales.‘Accidental authors’ Mick Fairleigh and Paul Doherty have a number of books published and as their website will tell you: “Famous people have been born …
- Maitland Embroiderers Group will be running on-going embroidery demonstrations of their gentle art form.
A bit more information on Maitland Embroiderers ~ The group was started in 1987 and now has 80 members.The aim of the group is to promote embroidery as an art form in a pleasant, socially accepting environment.The group meets at Telarah Bowling Club on Mondays from 10am until approx 4pm and on Tuesday nights from …
- Have a chat and check out Maitland & Beyond Family History Society’s convict bonnet display at Maitland Heritage Fest
The societies aim is to assist the public in researching their family history, showing them how to access the groups resources and the internet etc. to gain information for their research. The society is normally based in the Old Police Barracks in Lindesay Street, East Maitland. and opened on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9.30am to 3pm and …
- Maitland Croquet Club will be on site giving demonstrations of the game.
Visit the Maitland Croquet Club website for more information on their weekly activities.
- Into things philatelic? Maitland Stamp Club will be on site with displays relating to Maitland’s Heritage
Maitland Stamp Club will be on site displaying items of Philatelic interest related to Maitland’s Heritage, including postcards and postmarks. They will be happy to discuss stamps and stamp collecting with anyone who is interested, particularly in relation to Maitland’s history The Maitland Stamp Club was formed in the early 1970s, originally known as Beresfield …
- Marvel at Sanjex Seratti vintage wonders & entertainments! Watch out for him riding by on his penny farthing. Join in with some vintage games & keep watch for other vintage characters!
Vintage entertainments with a Victorian theme is Sanjex Seratti’s pride. You may sight him in the Church Street precinct riding his rustic penny farthing. Sanjex’ character is loosely based around a late Victorian age Steampunk navigator. His curious engineering nature can be seen is his games and steampunk contraptions. Steampunk is a subculture inspired by the …
- Maitland Heritage Fest 2022 thanks the Bloomfield Group for their generous support.
The Bloomfield Group is an Australian owned and operated mining and engineering group that have been part of the community for more than 80 years and employ hundreds of local people.With Bloomfield’s long history, many people who have helped build the business are now retired; however their stories and experiences with Bloomfield are captured in …
- Erin Sweetman Bio
Erin Sweetman is the pianist for Maitland Heritage Fest 2022 Piano Recital at Sun Street Studios ~ featuring the Mina Waltz a 1900’s composition by Senor Lardelli, organist for Saint Mary’s Church Maitland 1882 -1895. Ms Sweetman will also be premiering “Steam Motion” a new composition by Maitland local; Russell Thornton. Those fortunate to catch …
- Take a tour of St Mary’s Church Bell Tower
Enjoy a guided tour of this beautiful 1860 Ravensfield stone building designed by the Colonial Architect Edmund Blackett. Bell Tower tours ~ hourly-depending on numbers ~ $5 adults / children freeBook and Meetup at St Marys Church 18th & 19th June With a growing population, the question arose about enlarging the earlier 1843 Church Building.The Colonial Architect, …
- Maitland Heritage Fest 2022 Piano Recital – Historic Mina Waltz at Sun Street Studios ~ Pianist Erin Sweetman 18th June
- Guided Historic Walk 2 & Devonshire Tea: Sempill Street end of town & winding up at Art Studio Amsterdam for Devonshire Tea ~ 12th June
- Guided Historic Walk 1 & Devonshire Tea: – Church Precinct ~ 12th June